Monday, May 18, 2009

Where did the time go?

Why does time seem to go by so much faster once you’re out of school? Is it because technically there’s nothing to look forward to? I mean, I know there are things like marriage, children, etc. But I mean those things like going to high school, turning 16, turning 18, and turning 21, which all teenagers dream about. Is it because there aren’t any more of those milestones that time goes by so fast? I’m mean are we as really excited about turning 30 as we were about turning 16?
Ok you may be asking. Why is she on this (for lack of a better word) tangent? Well for one my baby cousin Emily graduated from college this past weekend (well weekend before last). COLLEGE!! And #2 the day after my baby cousin graduated it was the 6 year anniversary of me graduating from college. And # 3 this month marks the 10 year anniversary of graduating from high school. So it just gets me to thinking wow, where did the last 6 years go? Or the last 10? It seems like yesterday that I was freaking out over some systems analysis & design project that was due. Now here I am doing the 9-5 (or technically 8-5) everyday, week after week, year after year. Maybe it’s monotony that makes time go by so fast.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. It just keeps going faster & faster!I can't believe Emily has already graduated college. I can very clearly picture you lugging her around on your hip (which was almost out of socket it was thrown out so far to hold her)The funny thing is I don't really feel that much older. For the most part I feel just like I did in high-school. Just more stressed out and more responsible. It's scary how fast it's flying by.

    ReplyDelete